Sub Title

A Newfoundland Photography and Knitting Blog by Betty Nolan

Monday, March 11, 2013

A Sweet Exhibition, Ellen!

Oh what fun!

In the last post I mentioned that I had two pieces of work accepted to be included in the Sweet Exhibition at Devon House - an Exhibition where all entries are inspired by cupcakes. The opening of the Exhibition was Saturday past. All the exhibitors were asked to bring cupcakes or fruit. I chose cupcakes because I hadn't made them in years and thought it would be fun. It was fun indeed except when making the first batch I rediscovered that the package instructions are not kidding when it says to fill the cupcake cups 2/3 full before baking. You get some serious overflow if you don't heed that! :-)
I made regular cupcakes and some gluten free ones also. They were both a big hit, at the exhibition and at home!

I took a couple of pictures of my work but we weren't permitted to take pictures of others artists work without their permission. When the Craft Council publishes their pictures I'll include the link in a post so you can have a look. A lot of people came to the opening and plenty of cupcakes were eaten.

Beatrice is having a great time at the exhibition and Ellen is pleased because the mannequin who is modelling the apron is very similar to her (except for her dress colour). 

My cupcakes.

One of the cupcake displays at the Exhibition.
Mine are at the bottom of the display. See my fancy gluten free sign? :-)


My Oopsie Daisy Upside Down Cupcake Apron at the Exhibition.
Ellen modelling the apron before it went to the Exhibition.

Close-up highlighting Swarovski crystals which represent sprinkles
and the frills which represent icing.

Beatrice the Cupcake Girl at the Exhibition.

Close-up showing the cupcake button on Beatrice's cape.

Cupcake buttons on her shoes.


Cupcake button on her hat which is also cupcake inspired.
The fuzzy yarn has sequins which remind me of cupcake sprinkles.



No comments:

Post a Comment